Terms & Conditions - July 2018
1. The promoter is: [Hyundai Motor UK Ltd (company no. 05446560)] whose registered office is at [728 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP11 1HE].
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, except employees of [Hyundai Motor UK Ltd] and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. Drivers must be at least 25 years of age and a maximum of 69 years of age and have a current EEA driving licence with no endorsements which allows them to drive a manual car. This is to comply with insurance regulations.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://nthdegree.hyundai.co.uk
6. To take part in the driving event and win the competition you must register your interest online via the registration platform listed above.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. Closing date for entry will be Friday 17th August, or when all spaces have been filled, whichever is earlier. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Guests register their interest to participate in the driving event. Subject to availability, providing guests meet the eligibility criteria, successful guests will be given a choice of 4 x live days – Saturday 11th August, Sunday 12th August, Saturday 18th August & Sunday 19th August (if a date is fully booked they may choose another option if available). All events will take place at Millbrook proving ground in Bedford. We will not be responsible if a registrant cannot attend one of the four live days. Please bring your driving licence to the event to prove age and ability to drive. During the live event day, guests will accumulate points (mix of driving skill and additional challenges). The overall winner or each event session will be announced on the day and the prize will be confirmed before they leave the event. In the event of a draw, a tie-break competition will take place – there will be 2 x questions set by Hyundai UK that will relate specifically to the i30 N – the first guest that answers incorrectly will lose the tiebreak quiz. There will be a reserve list for oversubscribed event days. In total, there are 108 x places per day available – 3 x sessions of 36 x guests.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions, without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The prize is as follows: The participants with the highest number of points from each session will win a Wales Rally GB WRC Rally co-drive experience for one person on Monday 8th October – the exact time and location to be confirmed. The prize includes a mid-day meal, but not travel or accommodation. The session winner with the highest number of points across the day they attended the event will be dedicated the overall winner for that day. If two session winners tie on points, the person who received the most driving points during their session wins the grand prize. The grand prize for the 4 x overall winners will be a Wales Rally GB WRC Rally co-drive weekend experience for one which will take place from Saturday 6th October to Monday 8th October. Accommodation and meals are provided, but not travel. Both prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value in the case of circumstances outside our control. Due to safety reasons Co-Drives cannot be offered to pregnant women and any person below the age of 25. The seats, safety belts and overalls are restricted in size. Please note that if you are unable to fit this size we might not be able offer the experience.
14. Winners will be chosen and informed on the live event days – by a panel of Hyundai experts and Pro-Drivers. Points will be awarded for completing interactive quizzes and challenges in the Nth Degree Hub. On the track our drivers will be marked on their physical driving ability, focusing on smoothness, technique and positioning – these will be judged by our Hyundai approved pro-drivers. We will also be measuring our guest’s emotional responses to the driving activity by measuring the % difference in their heart rates before and during each activity. Additional points can be earnt through social media posts and Facebook check-ins – points will be awarded to guests that post on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with the #turningpetrolheads - which will be monitored on the day by a member of our team (accounts set to public only). The heart-rate data will only be used during the event and will not be shared outside of the system used to convert the points. Confirmation that guests are happy to wear the heart-rate monitors will be requested in the event confirmation emails prior to the live event days
15. The winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone call within 7 calendar days of the live event day to be provided with further details of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 calendar days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network on which you may share posts relating to the promotion. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is subject to the relevant platform’s terms and conditions.